Ways to Help
We live in the most challenging time in modern history. This is also the time of our greatest opportunity. The global economic crisis has affected each of us. Never before have so many been connected by suffering. Those who have enjoyed prosperity have lost much of what they had. Those who have little are struggling to survive.
The issues that have plagued our local and global communities for decades can no longer be someone else’s problem. We are all in this together. The answers we have hoped for, the change we have wished for, is upon us. We are the generation we have been waiting for. We must be the change we seek.
It is the time to join together and do what each of us is able. Let us chart our course, empower our youth, and find the greatness within ourselves to transform the world. Let us chart our course, empower our youth, and find the greatness in ourselves which creates the world of our dreams.
Ways you can help!
1. Volunteer at an event. Volunteering at one of Dreams For Kids events is a great way to share your gifts with the world while meeting other amazing people who will inspire you and uplift your spirits!
2. Spread the Word! Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and invite all your friends to do the same. Include us in your next blog. Write an article about DFK for your school, community, religious group, or local publication.
3. Celebrate for DFK! Honor a friend, loved one, or special occasion with a gift to Dreams for Kids. We will provide a special certificate in their honor. Or ask for donations to DFK for your birthday, bar/bat mitvah, wedding, or anniversary.
4. Get Kids Involved. We are always looking for new teenagers to participate in Dream Leaders or kids with disabilities to participate in Extreme Recess. Email Dane for Dream Leaders and Shelly for Extreme Recess.
6. Volunteer in the Office. Do you have some extra time each week and great organizational skills that you would like to contribute to Dreams For Kids? Email Shelly to learn about our volunteer opportunities in the office.
7. Leave Your Legacy. Include Dreams For Kids in your estate plan. Email Shelly for details.